Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Sakae Sushi

I love Sakae Sushi!

Went to the Sakae Sushi outlet in Sunway Pyramid yesterday. Initially, the intention was to go to Sushi King but we saw the Sakae outlet and the environment caught out attention. So, we proceeded to check out the price and to our surprise, the food is actually cheaper than Sushi King. And more varieties too, much more.

Salmons are very, very cheap in Sakae, which is a blessing for a salmon-lover like me. A plate of two salmon sushis (the very common one) costs only RM 1.90. The same dish will cost RM 4.00 in Sushi King. Sashimi costs only RM 5.90 and it costs RM 11.90 in Sushi King.

Another favourite of mine will be Idako, the baby octopuses. Both Sakae and Sushi King charge about the same price, RM 5.90 and RM 6.00 respectively but the amount served in Sakae almost doubled of what is served in Sushi King. And the best of all, it's purely baby octopuses. None of those unnecessary cucumber shredding for garnishing or to distort your impression of the amount served.

I googled for Sakae today and most of the reviews are positive. There are some negative ones, mostly from Singaporean outlets. I guess just like Sushi King, the quality goes down after fame gets into their heads. So, better try all their food while it's still worth it.

I am so going there again.

P/S: Sorry for not posting any photos. I don't usually take photos when eating because I'll be so excited about trying the food that I forget about the photos. Food that I am not excited to try are not worth taking photo of either.

No comments: