Thursday, October 25, 2007

Internship 1

It has been 4 days since I started my internship. The first day was like hell, couldn't wait for the 6pm to come. However, the staff are pretty friendly here. I mean the technical staff. So it pretty much made the environment more bearable.

Learnt a bit of stuff too on the first day such differentiating NPN and PNP transistors using multimeters. Never really knew how to do it. My usual method would be using Google search to look for the code. Yes, I know. This is the style of MMU students. Google is God =p

Second day was slightly better. Constructed a light bulb dimmer circuit which uses PWM to control the brightness of the light bulb. Not really a complicated circuit but I find the concept pretty interesting. By controlling the width of the pulse, the brightness of the bulb will changed accordingly as the the bulb requires finite time to reach its peak brightness.

Third day. Well, we learnt to troubleshoot boards. I realized that the staff here are very good at repair work but not so good in understanding. They know all the 'hows' but not the 'whys'. I guess after you have worked on the same things for years, everything becomes pretty much instinctive. And 'how' would be more important than 'why'.

Well, that's pretty much for now. Let's see how the rest of the internship goes =)

P/S: Two other people doing internship with me are Li Wen and Ong. They insisted that they are mentioned here so this is what this part if for =p

PP/S: Another random thing here. A funny picture from Pon and Zi. Thanks to Yen Chiew for linking the page to her blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG you blogged in office! Haha